Facebook Social Plugins are scripts of code you can add to your website that display interactive content you’ve added to Facebook. A Facebook “Like Box” Plugin has a link to your Facebook Page, a button to Like your Facebook Page without leaving the website your plugin appears on, a stream of your latest activity and thumbnail images of people who have Liked your Facebook Page.
- Navigate your browser to http://www.facebook.com/plugins
- Click on the 6th selection down from the top, “Like Box“
- In the first box titled “Facebook Page URL”, put the fill URL of your Facebook Page
- The “Width” is the width of your plugin in pixels
- Use the “light” color scheme on light websites, and “dark” on websites with darker backgrounds.
- Select “Show Faces” if you’d like the thumbnails of your fan’s faces to show up
- If you’d like to add a border, input the hex code for that color in the “Border Color” box. Be sure to include the # symbol.
- Example: For a red border you would use “#ff0000″ without the quotes.