This is a full day WordPress training seminar for intermediate users. You’ve been working with WordPress, you understand the administration panel and how to make changes but you could use a refresher and also want to learn how to do a bit more.
In this session we’ll focus on Plugins & Widgets, picking WordPress Themes, Tags & Categories and how to construct quality posts and pages.
We will be covering the following topics, not necessarily in this order:
- WordPress Basics Review
- A quick review of the administration panel
- Writing Quality Posts & Pages
- Learn why your competitors are at the top of Google search results. Quality posts and pages involve well thought out page titles, keyword density, links, images, lead generation, calls to action and more. Understand how little things like meta tags, alt tags, image titles and internal links can make all the difference.
- Using Tags & Categories
- Organization and structure comes with planning and understanding how visitors navigate and find your website. Learn to create tags and categories favorable to search and beneficial to your users
- Using Plugins & Widgets Effectively
- Plugins can create an interaction, capture information, speed up your website and so much more. Learn how and why these add-ons bring value to your online presence.
- Thorough Review of Must-have Plugins
- Reviewing in depth some of the most useful WordPress plugins and widgets, even how to use them on your website
- Creating Contact Forms with Contact Form 7 WordPress Plugin
- Learn how this plugin can be make or break for your website. This thorough review of Contact Form 7 will leave you understanding how to create complex forms for your website that you can use for quotes, submitting information, online applications, project management, capturing leads, sending messages and more.
- Creative Ways to Make Money with Your Website
- Display ads and PPC can work, but getting creative with advertising is key. A review of what works, what doesn’t and how to understand your audience.
- Drive Engagement, Drive Visitors!
- Encourage and reward people that contribute, user engagement brings value to your website experience. Dialog can help answer common questions, spark new conversations and showcase what your users are thinking about. We’ll cover how to use and install the Disqus plugin to manage comments and drive more traffic to your website.
- JShortcodes WordPress Plugin Review
- We’ll review and understand how to use JShortcodes to create columns, buttons and boxes with simple shortcodes. No code knowledge required.
- Popular WordPress Themes & Theme Providers
- We’ll talk about some of the other places to get themes and what we feel is the best course of action.
- User Management, Profiles, Multiple Authors
- Roles & Permissions
- Using RSS Feeds
- Website Maintenance
- Using Online Video with TubePress
- Tubepress is a free plugin that displays simple YouTube and Vimeo video galleries.
- Integrating Social Media with Sharebar, ShareThis, Facebook Like Box and Google Badge
- Show off your Facebook fans, Twitter followers, Google+ page, YouTube video feed and much more. One-click sharing on StumbleUpon and all your favorite social networks. Reviewing how to install a Facebook Like Box, a Google Badge and Twitter feed.
- Using WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast for Search Engine Optimization
- Understand how to use our favorite SEO plugin, the Google Keyword tool and Google Analytics. These are the best tools get search engines working in your favor.
We look forward to teaching you even more about this amazing tool known as WordPress and getting you started towards developing your own website.